From the care and feeding of the dog to the medical costs with regular veterinarian visits to renting secure locations for training, insurances and all of the paperwork involved in tracking progress, the costs add up.
This is the breakdown of the costs for a program trained dog like Liberty.
- Acquire a well-bred puppy at 8 weeks old $2000 - $3000
- Routine Veterinary care for 1st 18 months $6500 Includes vaccinations, spay/neuter, health screenings for
- Maintenance care (food, toys, grooming, and misc.) $5500
- Training Donated
- Administration $1500
- Overhead (Facility rental, utilities, social media, website, etc.) $12500 Per dog $25/hr. x 500 hrs
- Training materials (books, paperwork, equipment) $750
- Includes harness/vest, boots, collar, leash, ID badges
In order to be able to continue to work with Liberty and train her to become a service dog, we need to raise money. We are currently having a Yankee Candle Fundraiser. Please consider purchasing a candle to help us keep Liberty on track to take care of a Veteran or First Responder.
Thank you for your continued support!